Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful Thanksgiving 11/22/12


Let’s use this week to do something that we are very careless about doing.  That is right.  Count your blessings and express thanks for all that you have, instead of complaining about what you can’t have. It will produce a much happier frame of mind and make you acknowledge all of the magic moments in your life that you take for granted or maybe do not even notice. We should not have to wait for Thanksgiving Day to remind us. Why not set aside a special time each day to give thanks for the special things in life that have come your way?

May the day be special for you and your family enjoying and appreciating each other. My gathering will be small at noon, because half of my kids are sharing the noon meal with their in-laws. Since it is open house all day, some will stop in later for leftovers, but distance of traveling will make that impossible for some. Those that do not make it will be missed.

A reader asked for a recipe for Snickers dessert. I have heard of it but never made it. It is a bit on my no-no list so I did not save a recipe that I did see in a book. By not having the recipe, I was not tempted to make it. That brings me to one thing that I am thankful for. My daughter was here and showed me how to find recipes on the Internet and positioned a very prominent icon that I can just click on. That makes me thankful for two things.  First of all is the fact that I remembered what she told me. Also that I was smart enough to accomplish the intended task. Also ranking very highly is the fact that I can help my friend with her dilemma.  Maybe this will be in time for you to try it so you can have that something extra you were hoping for in your own Thanksgiving meal. I will give you two different recipes, so you can use the one that will fit your family’s preferences best.
                        
SNICKERS APPLE BANANA SALAD
6 cored, chopped apples, with skins
6 to 8 frozen mini Snicker bars
2 bananas sliced
1 container Cool Whip topping
Put frozen bars into a zip lock bag and break into small pieces with a rubber mallet. Mix apples, bananas and broken Snickers bars together. Just before serving, mix in Cool Whip topping. May add nuts if preferred.
                        
SNICKERS DESSERT
I (16 oz.) carton Cool Whip
1 pkg. (3 ½ oz.) French Vanilla Instant pudding
4 large apples, peeled and sliced,  (can leave peeling on 2 for color)
6 Snicker Bars, diced
Mix Cool Whip and pudding mix with beater. NO milk. Fold in apples and candy bars. Chill before serving.

May your Thanksgiving Day be filled with gratitude, pleasant family interaction, lots of good food and many blessings for the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment