Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Great Greats Magic! 4/10/14


Due to a change in travel plans, I cannot wait until past my deadline to report in.  So I will have to do a hurried attempt this afternoon to secure my place in The Earth. Instead of a report of a short vacation and important wedding, I will dwell on some great magic that has recently occurred in my life.

Recently, I was blessed with two more great grandkids! Sometimes coincidence strikes when it is unexpected and both caused some excitement in their arrival. Delivery problems unexpectedly arose and both were delivered by emergency C-sections. First to arrive was Alistair Jordan Smith to Jamie and Marcus, weighing in above-the-average birthweight - 10 pounds and 11 ounces!  Following a few days later was Madalynn Brooke Warstler to Morgan and Steve. She was a more moderate size but caused some concern for both herself and her new mother. Thankfully, both are now at home ready to take their place in this big great world.  That makes four new ones in a few months.  Miss Natalie Therese Sanders who lives near Houston, Texas was a very welcome addition to Andy and Jen’s two other daughter’s.  (I have yet to meet her except on Facebook.)  Bradley Christopher Johnston came to help his dad overcome the imbalance of feminine presence with two big sisters to the household of Amanda and Jason. Don’t have an accurate count in my head, but am approaching the 40 mark of greats!



Better get my mind on food, since I thought I had more time to focus on this and have no ideas ready. How about using my four ingredient recipe book? Since that will take less time.  Some of you will be looking for Lenten ideas. Here is a fish recipe that I have never used and gives you a range of preferences.
                   
EASY CHEESE FISH FILLETS
1 pound fish fillets of your choice
1 onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup grated cheese of your choice
Place fish fillets in a single layer in a baking casserole. Spread with mayonnaise and sprinkle with cheese. Top with onions. Cover and bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes, until browned.

Are you brave enough to try an uncooked dessert? This interested me, so why not try it.

CREAMY PEACH DELIGHT
2 cans (16 oz.) peach halves
4 tablespoons cream cheese
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Fill center of peach halves with 1 tablespoon cream cheese and place halves together. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll peaches in sugar mixture  Chill until ready to serve.

Hope my hurried attempt for this week is not too left of center. For those of you who do not care for these suggestions, Maybe you will be interested in a suggestion that I just read today but have never heard about. Try it to see if it works. Run your slices of bacon under cold water before cooking and it will reduce the shrinkage!

I hear my method of transportation arriving for my hours long trip to my grandson’s wedding. I had intended to use this time to “spot mop” the kitchen so no one comes in and has my house condemned while I am gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment