Tuesday, December 20, 2011

12/22/11

If you have been impatiently waiting for Christmas to get here, you are one lucky person.  When I was a kid the space between Christmases was forever and a day.  Now I barely get all of the Christmas decorations down, packed away and forgotten about and it’s time to resurrect them again. In one aspect that is not bad, because the Christmas season is one of my favorite ones but also the most overwhelming. 

I solved a great deal of the drama a few years ago when I quit buying, wrapping and transporting gifts. I know the original thought was in remembrance of the Magi bringing gifts to the Christ Child and God’s gift of, and  sacrificing him for our benefit, but don’t you think that perhaps we have overdone it? Let’s try to return to the original meaning of Christmas.

There will be no suggestion for Christmas delicacies this week.  Why not concentrate on food for our souls?  You know better than I what your thoughts and needs are, so everyone is responsible for his own action. Each year I receive fewer Christmas cards, but I do enjoy them.  Each year it seems that I get mine done later.  Almost overdid it this year but hope the last few arrive before the weekend.  I was looking at mine again this evening and I am going to pass on to you some thoughts that are not original but were quite meaningful to me.  Hope you agree.

May you always have the gift of faith, the blessing of hope and the peace of Christ’s love at Christmas.

May Christmas surround you with beauty, touch you with warmth and fill you with joy. 

May peace, blessings, good health and happiness be yours this Christmas and throughout the New Year.

A very Merry Christmas to each of you and your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment