Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Happy and Holy Easter to All 3/28/13


Since this is Holy Week, let’s just keep things on a spiritual level.  I hope this pre-Easter season has been a spiritual renewal time for each of you. If you have put your spiritual needs on the back burner, or ignored them completely, now is a good time to get back on track. Even though we have tried to do our best, most of us are less Christlike than is expected of us. I recently read a statement with a deep message. It is not an original thought but  I do not know to whom the credit  should go.  “A life without God and Christ is like an unsharpened pencil.  It has no point.”  Let’s all sharpen our pencils.

I have one recipe which is related a bit to this concept because it is called “Church Windows” and I intend to make it for my family Easter dinner. The recipe comes from an almost lifetime friend, I rode on the school bus with her husband, so our friendship goes back a few years! Thanks for your efforts, Dortha, for getting it to me in time for the Easter issue which will give you readers time to make it for your family Easter celebration.
                
CHURCH WINDOWS
½ stick butter
1 package (12 oz.) butterscotch chips
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 package colored miniature marshmallows
Melt butter and chips in a heavy sauce pan.
Add peanut butter. Stir to keep from sticking.
Add marshmallows and stir until coated. Press
down into buttered pan.  Refrigerate to set. Cut
into squares of a desired size. Store in refrigerator.

I have on my wall beside my big family picture a plaque with the following poem written my Amanda Bradley.  It contains almost a recipe for improving our daily habits. Hope it inspires each of you.

If I have said one cheering word
Or done a helpful deed,
If I have smoothed one rocky path
Or filled a special need,
If I have eased one doubt or fear
Or chased one cloud away,
If I have brought one person joy…….
Then I’ve lived well today.

Sincere wishes for a Holy and Happy Easter season to each of you and your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment