Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Merry Christmas to All! 12/20/12


As is the usual custom at Christmas time, I will just wish for you the best Christmas of all time.   My wishes for you were inspired by a card I received from a special niece of mine for my birthday. From the basic thought, I will develop my own perspective.  Christmas finds us scurrying around, trying to find the perfect gift for others. Most of the time it is quite simple what will really bring them a blessed holiday.

First I wish each of you a love-filled life. We all need to love and to be loved in return. Scripture tells us to love one another as ourselves, and as God has loved us.  Much joy and many magic moments can be found in  loving relationships.

I wish you peace. Being comfortable with what you believe in and the standards that you set for your life and dealing with others is a source of great contentment. Treat others as you wish to be treated.  Be kind to everyone that comes in to your life.

Next, may your life be controlled by a steadfast faith in God and His plan for our redemption.  Get your faith out of the corner and dust it off, polish and deepen it. More important share it with others.  In case you have shoved yours into a corner or worse, thrown it out, ask God for help in bringing it back to a priority in your life.

My final wish for you is joy, which can be readily supplied if you follow the first requirements of love, peace and faith.

So let’s just feed our souls today and let this be a recipe for a great life. May your Christmas be holy, merry and filled with great family connections. See you all in the new year of 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment